Saturday, January 10, 2009

A new project


Back in the day I used to sew. A lot. I made the girls clothes, I made them toys, I made curtains for our first house, and I even made the girls three foot bears for their beds two years ago for Christmas.
Then we moved to New Mexico, I started our home school journey, we bought our first rental property, and life got really busy. It has been two years since I sewed on my machine, and at first I enjoyed the break from washing and ironing fabric, cutting out pattern pieces, and finding a place for the sewing machine.
That was then, and the now is I miss sewing. So, I am getting my machine primed and ready to go, and I am going to start sewing again. My first project is to make a "Cabbage Patch Kid" type doll for Mary. She has been asking for this doll for over a year, and has agreed to pay her own allowance to buy material for clothes. This will be a well dressed baby.
(We are making Mary the bald baby)


Ruth is wanting a stuffed animal, so I am going to make her a dog. In the picture it has multi colored fur. We've made on of these animals before, and it turned out really cute.




This is the animal pattern Ruth picked.
"Grape" is the animal we made first years ago. It was just solid fabric like the animal in the top right corner. The one we are making next week will be the one covered completely in fur.

No comments: