Friday, January 23, 2009

Is that what they mean by "keeping house"

Since last weekend I have been a woman on a mission.
To clean the house.
Last weekend I cleaned, and also went through the kids toys and clothes and filled up the trunk of my car with donations. I finally got around to dropping everything off at Goodwill on Thursday, so now I am tackling trash around the house (inside and out) and washing curtains.
It feels really good to have the house more tidy and picked up.
Now that Mary is reading so well, I feel like we can/should devote more time to school, so that prompted this mass cleaning too. If the house is good and clean, and if everything is in its home and not a mess, I can focus all my attention on their school, and not things that need to be done.
Wish me luck!!

No comments: